Commitment to Diversity Awards
The Commitment to Diversity Awards recognize students, registered student organizations, faculty, and staff who have demonstrated outstanding curricular and co-curricular programming, service, and research that exemplifies the University's commitment to diversity.
Commitment to Diversity Awards Ceremony
The Commitment to Diversity Awards Ceremony is held in the spring to announce and honor the year's award winners. The 26th Annual Commitment to Diversity Awards Ceremony was held on Sunday, April 6, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. in Old Main Room, Bone Student Center.
Commitment to Diversity Award Winners
The following are the winners for the 2014 awards:
- Undergraduate Legacy of Leadership - Muriel Dorsey
- Graduate Legacy of Leadership- Lydia Reitz
- Outstanding Faculty - Marinelly Castillo (Language, Literature, and Cultures)
- Outstanding Staff- Michael DeGeeter (English Language Institute)
- Outstanding Organization Member - Vanessa Ortiz (Spanish Club)
- Outstanding Registered Student Organization - The Black and Latino Male Movement
- Outstanding Established Program -College Mentors for Kids
- Outstanding New Program- Zumba Fiesta (Spanish Club)
- Student Partner in Diversity Award - Aric Faulkner
- Staff Partner in Diversity Award- Jose Marroquin