Addressing Students' Basic Needs
At the root of student success is having basic needs met. Sometimes circumstances change quickly, and students find themselves in need of temporary help. Illinois State is ready to help students navigate a path to having their basic needs met.
Our program is a student-led, peer-to-peer model that helps students at Illinois State contending with economic hardship and basic needs crises. Our trained Student Navigators can help by identifying and connecting you to resources such as emergency aid, affordable food, housing, school supplies, technology, transportation, childcare, mental health care, and personal care items.
Get connected to campus and community resources that are specific to your needs.
What to expect after scheduling an appointment?
- Receive a confirmation email with your selected appointment date and time
- Accept the calendar invitation for your meeting
- Attend the scheduled meeting with your Student Navigator – either in person at 387 Student Services Building or virtually using the link in your meeting confirmation and invitation
A Student Navigator will:
- Hear your concerns and needs
- Gather information prior to your scheduled meeting
- Connect you to campus and community resources
- Follow-up with you after the meeting
Would you rather speak with someone now? Contact the Dean of Students Office at (309) 438-2008 or visit 387 Student Services Building and ask to speak with a Student Navigator.
Student Navigator services are only available for enrolled Illinois State University students.
For any questions or to follow up on your request for assistance please contact DeanOfStudents@IllinoisState.edu.