Looking for information about university policies and procedures, need assistance with leading a registered student organization (RSO), or just need a little extra support? Student Activities is here to help. Here are some resources to get you started.
RSO Annual Information
RSO Presidents are required to review the RSO orientation during annual RSO re-registration to maintain their RSO's status with the University. RSO Advisors are also provided with an orientation to assist with understanding their role that is sent out at the beginning of each semester in the RSO monthly newsletter.
RSO/Advisor Orientation: Fall 2023 - Spring 2024
RSO Calendar/Resources: Fall 2023 - Spring 2024
Confused about a specific RSO topic or how to operate as an RSO in general? The Student Activities Office will meet with you and/or your RSO to talk through issues specific to your RSO.
The Redbird Life portal is where involvement begins. Join and manage registered student organizations, find out about campus events, and track your membership and community service participation, all in one place. Learn more in our Redbird Life overview.
RSO Profile Basics
The most important tool you can use as an RSO is Redbird Life. All students, especially those new to Illinois State University, are being encouraged to log in to learn about events and to find student organizations they wish to join.
- Build Out RSO Profile
- Create and Manage Events
- Create RSO Forms
- Event Check-In App
- Invite People to Join RSO or Manage Membership Roster
- Modify RSO Profile Information
- Upload RSO Documents
- Upload RSO Photos
Student Involvement Center
The Student Involvement Center is a space for students to cultivate connections to campus life. Located in 227 Bone Student Center, across from Qdoba, and open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. To inquire about resources, please email StudentOrganizations@IllinoisState.edu or call (309) 438-2151.
- Free RSO Resources Flyer
- Conference space for RSO projects
- Computers with Adobe Creative Suite
- General seating area
- RSO mail pickup
- Free 15 pages/day/RSO of color or black and white printing
- Personalized Button Request—RSOs can have 24 buttons/semester made for them.
- Digital Display Screen Request—screen located outside of 225 Bone Student Center.
- Sidewalk Sign Request - Currently Unavailable—RSOs can reserve a sidewalk sign to decorate and be posted either on Milner or Schroeder Plaza by the Student Involvement Center staff for a week at a time.
- RSO Newsletter Submission Request—RSO event and/or opportunities can be included in the montly RSO Newsletter sent out to all RSO presidents, treasurers, and advisors.
- Social Media Content Sharing Request - Currently Unavailable—Student Activities can assist RSOs with marketing their events/information on its social media platforms to help reach a larger audience.
- Art Supply Kit—RSOs can reserve an Art Supply Kit to use at events/meetings, which includes crafting scissors, glue, tape, construction paper, sharpies, markers, colored pencils, etc. If needing a specific type of office supply, check with the welcome desk in the Student Involvement Center.
- Chalk the Quad Kit—RSOs can reserve a Chalk the Quad Kit, which includes sidewalk chalk and stencils.